Thursday, May 3, 2012

Two Weeks

One week from today, I will be at a local restaurant with all of my friends for our AIFS farewell dinner.  Two weeks from today, I will have finished packing and I will be spending my last night in this room.  How is it possible that time has flown by so quickly?  I am at the end of this wonderful journey...and everyone is pointing it out.  Everyone.  My professors, my host mom, and my friends.  I wish they would stop.  I'm so torn between wanting to be home and wanting to stay here...between starting a completely new journey or continuing this one.  I'm soaking up every possible experience with the people I've grown to love here.  Last night, we were treated to a private flamenco guitar performance.  And after dinner, I went out with my girl friends to have a few drinks and sing karaoke.  For all of you who are asking yourselves, "Did Kristen actually get on stage and sing?!," I can honestly tell you that yes I most certainly did.  Song choice:  Man!  I Feel Like a Woman! by Shania Twain.  And it's true:  The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun, yea.  I was six years old when that song came out and I know I never sang the words correctly until last night.  It was a blast.  In other news, I want congratulate my favorite singer, Neil Diamond, on his recent nuptials to Katie McNeil.  Does anyone else find it funny that her name is now Katie McNeil Diamond?  I do.  And I want to wish my amazing mom a happy birthday.  Mom, I love you so much and I can't wait to see you!  In two short weeks, you and Dad will be arriving in Madrid to start the adventure of a lifetime.  Get those suitcases packed!  Besos.     

No comments:

Post a Comment