Sunday, September 11, 2011

I know it sounds crazy, but...

So last night for dinner, Angelita prepared something that I never would have thought could taste good.  And it wasn't just good...it was delicious.  I should remind everyone back home that dinner is a relatively small meal since lunch is so big.  Lunch usually consists of two courses and fruit for dessert.  Okay, ready for it?  Honeydew melon with cold cured ham.  Yes...together in one bite.  We told Angelita that it seemed a little strange but she and Fabian told us it is important to mix flavors.  They were completely right!  The ham is called "jamon serrano" and it is very expensive here.  I would never have guessed that it would taste so good but it is one of my favorite things I've had here.  Give it a try!    

2 comments:

  1. Got your letter! I LOVE hearing about all of this. You are taking me back in time! I remember staying at youth hostels and paying a quarter for a hot shower! Jamon serrano and fruit for dessert...memories! LOVE YOU! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're following my blog! I miss you guys and love you too!

    ReplyDelete